Another great recap of the five ATV missions from France’s space agency CNES… in numbers. This infographic in French gives an impression of the scale of running a spacecraft programme, below is a rough translation, without the references to Star Wars. The full PDF can be downloaded here.
- 300 hours of simulation each mission.
- 375 gigabytes of telemetry received.
- 150 000 commands sent
- 1 500 000 ligns of code
- 31 astronauts worked on ATV in space
- 500 people worked at ATV Control Centre
- 14 400 orbits of Earth
- 14 km of cables for the control centre
- 15 terabytes of data for the five mission
- 1000 computers used, 700 in Toulouse, France
- 4 debris avoidance manoeuvres performed
- 35 tonnes of cargo transported
- 213 manoeuvres executed, each calculated up to 20 times beforehand
The second page is similar to what inspired our “Do you speak ATV?” feature.