Day 2 Conclusions: ‘ISS Research Accomplishments’
Waleed Abdalati, NASA Chief Scientist
Download the full presentation: ISS Research Accomplishments
Humans are bound to thrive and explore. We should mitigate the risks of space of exploration.
- New alloys for jet-turbine blades
- Converting liquids into solids by applying a magnetic field
- Using the ISS for Earth observation, ISS flies over populated parts of the Earth.
- AMS-02 shows that shared commitment produces tremendous achievements, one of which is the ISS.
- There is a tremendous push to show applications from science. We should not lose sight of discoveries. Today’s applications such as using plasma technology to cure wounds were yesterdays discoveries.
We are on a collective journey, a journey of civilisation. It is not about building the ISS, it is about moving civilisation to the future. And the future is bright.