The ISS Symposium 2012 was a unique occasion to share scientific research from the Space Station. A showcase of these results could be seen in the ‘ISS Utilisation Exhibition’ at the symposium.
The exhibit gave basic information on experiments conducted in the orbital outpost, leading to spin-offs for the benefit of people on Earth. Industry presented their state-of-the-art products and technologies based on Station research.
The exhibition was divided into five themes with examples of experiments and products for each theme:
- Non-invasive medical diagnostics: 3D Eye Tracking Device, HealthLab, ThermoLab, Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT), Galileo Vibration Trainer, Long Term Medical Survey (LTMS), Hand Grip Dynamometer.
- Biomedicine: CAMDASS, Portable Pulmonary Functioning System (PPFS), Robotized Tele-echography, Human Respiratory Analyses (FIPEX), Bone and muscle modelling, Flywheel technology.
- Exobiology & Space Environment: Expose, Matroshka, Solar.
- Material Science: Geoflow, X-Ray diagnostics, Blades & Foams, FOAM-C.
- Biology: KI Biology Experiment Hardware, European Modular Cultivation System (EMCS), Plasma Crystak & Plasma Medicine.
You can download a summary of the exhibition in pdf or visit the exhibit through this visual tour: