Kris is presenting today at the DLR/ESA ILA Tweetup in Berlin! We’ll post an update on his presentation shortly. PS: Astronaut Paolo Nespoli has joined Kris on stage to provide ‘in-flight over view’ of ATV missions.
Editor’s note: Read more updates featuring Kris via the ATV Blog (http://blogs.esa.int/atv).
- The ATV vessel is about 10m long, 4.5m diameter
- ATV has 32 thrusters, 4 large and 28 smaller
- Ends ISS docking approach at just 7 cm per second relative velocity!
- A London bus would fit, more or less, into the volume of the ATV
- Mission phases: launch, separation, phasing to ISS, RV & docking, attached phase, undocking & departure, re-entry