After arriving in Houston early on 2 July he said: "The return journey went perfectly. It was quite tough, I felt sick when I was back on Earth, and wasn't able to walk straightaway. But the care we were given was great and I soon felt better. I was able to take a long sleep in the plane on the way to America. I sat in the grass for a while during one of the stopovers. It smelt so good! I saw the sunset and thought: yes, I am home again."
Follow on Twitter
- Raimo Herronen on Watch ISS live
- Alexandrina Cristina Niculescu on A Song a Day: ‘Rocket Man’ on 40th anniversary of its release
- Cat Sampson on A Song a Day: ‘Rocket Man’ on 40th anniversary of its release
- LOOK: Space Shuttle Discovery Will Fly Over Nation's Capital | USA Press on Robonaut awakened on ISS
- William Butler on New blog from André: ‘ATV gives us a boost’