Aside from all the technical and official work we also need to rest before launch. And there are many ceremonies and traditions. In addition we were treated to a beautiful lunar eclipse. In the clear winter night the moon became visible as a three dimensional orange coloured ball. A Proton rocket was also launched, we were able to see it leave from a long way away, on the roof of our cosmonaut hotel. During the traditional flag ceremony a funny moment occurred when my commander, Oleg Kononenko, walked towards the Dutch flag whereas I went for the Russian flag. The colours of both nations flags are of course, the same and the flags were not raised yet… Read on...
- ARIE N. VAN DEN BERG on I sometimes feel like a veteran
- hans picard on I am back on Earth but the mission continues
- Daan van Liere on I am back on Earth but the mission continues
- Cosmonaut André Kuipers: A Song A Day: My Playlist | finches´ wings on A Song A Day
- iCreative on Return delayed and nice presents from Earth
TagsATV back-up Baikonoer Chris van den Berg Cupola Dan Burbank Dragon EVA EVA training examens Expeditie 31 experimenten fitness foto's handmatige nadering Houston ISS JSC koppeling lanceerbasis lancering landing majestueus missiepatch noodscenario's primerka procedures progress quarantaine robotarm ruimtepak ruimtevoedsel Sojoez SpaceX sporten Sterrenstad straling Terugkeer terugreis tradities trainen videocontact vrachtschip wetenschap zweven