The day after arrival in Baikonur was a special day. We went to the launch basis. We took two separate buses of course, as the prime crew and backup crew are always separated. In a large building we saw our Sojuz capsule ready for lift-off. It is impressive to see the spaceship that will allow us to fly around the Earth. The capsule is visible in a large hall and is supported by scaffolding. The first time that we entered the spaceship as crew we were dressed in overalls. We could not enter through the side entrance as we do in the simulator in Star City. The real Sojuz does not have a door there. We had to crawl through the living quarters and from there climb down to the command module. Read on...
- ARIE N. VAN DEN BERG on I sometimes feel like a veteran
- hans picard on I am back on Earth but the mission continues
- Daan van Liere on I am back on Earth but the mission continues
- Cosmonaut André Kuipers: A Song A Day: My Playlist | finches´ wings on A Song A Day
- iCreative on Return delayed and nice presents from Earth
TagsATV back-up Baikonoer Chris van den Berg Cupola Dan Burbank Dragon EVA EVA training examens Expeditie 31 experimenten fitness foto's handmatige nadering Houston ISS JSC koppeling lanceerbasis lancering landing majestueus missiepatch noodscenario's primerka procedures progress quarantaine robotarm ruimtepak ruimtevoedsel Sojoez SpaceX sporten Sterrenstad straling Terugkeer terugreis tradities trainen videocontact vrachtschip wetenschap zweven