Children often ask me if astronauts are athletic. Does an astronaut need to be in perfect shape? I answer that astronauts do not need to be a superman, but they should be healthy and in good shape. In my case it is quite a challenge. I love to snack and sometimes I skip exercise. At least on Earth I do. In space it is a different story... Here on the ISS I come close to being a top athlete. Astronauts here have to exercise two hours every day and if we don’t, our muscles and bones get weaker. If I don’t do enough exercise my doctors and trainers at the European Astronaut Centre in Cologne send me a message to remind me. You can’t skip going to the gym in space... Read on...
- ARIE N. VAN DEN BERG on I sometimes feel like a veteran
- hans picard on I am back on Earth but the mission continues
- Daan van Liere on I am back on Earth but the mission continues
- Cosmonaut André Kuipers: A Song A Day: My Playlist | finches´ wings on A Song A Day
- iCreative on Return delayed and nice presents from Earth
TagsATV back-up Baikonoer Chris van den Berg Cupola Dan Burbank Dragon EVA EVA training examens Expeditie 31 experimenten fitness foto's handmatige nadering Houston ISS JSC koppeling lanceerbasis lancering landing majestueus missiepatch noodscenario's primerka procedures progress quarantaine robotarm ruimtepak ruimtevoedsel Sojoez SpaceX sporten Sterrenstad straling Terugkeer terugreis tradities trainen videocontact vrachtschip wetenschap zweven